Sunday 31 December 2017

My Blog-Word For 2018

Last year my #word365 was "Hope" - Hebrews 6 tells us that our hope in God is an anchor for the soul. I began the year with a number of uncertainties, and hope has been an important thing for me. This time last year, Liz was facing return to work, and settling Rosie in Nursery. Steph was about to begin a new life in Manchester. I was still waiting for some Supply Teaching to materialise. Other situations with church, friends and family required faith and hope.
God has answered our prayers and so many things have turned out even better than we could have imagined.
But I said to Bob last week that I was really struggling to find a word for 2018. Then suddenly on Wednesday night I realised that the word I want for this coming year is

Yes, you did read that correctly. I want more! I have been reading so much about the joy of less, and how minimalism is the way forward. But this more isn't about having more stuff.
There are two Latin words which contain the word more - one is AMORE and the other is MORES. They mean love and behaviour. This is what my more! is all about.
When Jesus said he wanted his followers to have life that was more abundant, what did he mean? I haven't thought it through yet, the next few months will be exploring the ideas, but I do know I want 2018 to be a year when
I am more generous
I am more attentive
I am more thoughtful
I am more tolerant
I am more patient
...I am sure other things will occur to me as days go by. I suppose the bottom line is that in 2018 I want to be more like Jesus.

Do you have a word for 2018?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't got a word for 2018 but I look forward to reading more of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh when I read this because that is my word too! I'm the director of our district's women's organization and that is the theme for our 2017/2018 year and I felt it was a good word for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word is 'patience' as more and more (there's that word again!) people in my little world require my attention. I'm trying very hard to cover all requirements but sometimes my patience gets a little stretched. Happy New Year to you and Bob, Angela.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an excellent word for the new year!! I hope it goes like that for you!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your word for 2018. I generally don't have a word for the year, but it is a good concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patience is definitely a good word NanaGoGo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Angela - wishing you more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great word for the year. I don't have one, but it does sound like a good concept, perhpas I ought to consider it...

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!