Sunday 26 November 2017

Get Off The Roller Coaster...

It feels as if we are hurtling towards Christmas at breakneck speed, with sudden twists and turns along the way, like a crazy roller coaster ride. The physicists, and those designing these rides, called it "jerk and jounce"
If you think you would like to step off the ride for a while, why not join some of us for our annual tradition of "A Pause in Advent"? Every Sunday, starting next week, until Christmas Eve, some of us will be posting something quieter, thoughtful, more reflective...not necessarily a deeply spiritual sermon, or a theological treatise - it may not even have a "Christian" or "Faith" label. Just a moment to pause, and think...
You can just read other people's posts, or read and then add a comment - or perhaps write a few posts yourself. Signing up does not commit you to producing 4 posts, published regularly at 9am on Sunday mornings - do it as and when you feel able!
But if you would like to write posts please can you comment below on THIS post, so I can add your name to the blogroll in my sidebar. Thanks!


11 comments:

  1. I will definitely be reading you posts, Angela. I have been looking forward to them. Not sure if I will be able to write anything, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't joined in for a while, but would like to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for organising this again, I would like to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela, I think I would like to participate this year. I usually always do something deliberate like this but feel like I need a nudge this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Please count me in. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll do it! I always enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would like to join in please

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. Kristen, please send me your blog address

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I blog at www.a-letter-from-home.blogspot.com
    I started it as a way of keeping in touch with family and friends; a sort of "round robin". It's now a random mix of news and snippets and who knows what...

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!