Monday 18 September 2017

Birds in Flocks, Words About Locks

There are lots of birthdays and anniversaries coming up in the next few weeks. I have been making some cards in readiness. Here are just some of them...

I prefer to keep my cards fairly simple, and not over embellished. Too much stuck on and they become too thick for a regular stamp.
I usually write a simple message inside - maybe a bible text, or apposite book quote.  On the subject of quotes, my friend [also called Angela] has been telling me about a family wedding where she was asked to read during the ceremony.
I hadn't come across this piece before. It is from The Bridge across Forever by Richard Bach. He wrote the best-selling Jonathan Livingstone Seagull in 1970 - and many students had it on their bookshelf at Uni [myself included] TBAF came out in 1984 - but obviously passed me by back then. It seems that a new edition of JLS came out in 2014, with extra sections, and this has led to renewed interest in this author. 
Here's the passage Angela read. Have you ever come across any of Richard Bach's work - or heard it read at a wedding ?

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are really beautiful! I like the way you have made Variations on a bird theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your bird cards are just gorgeous! I adore birds and these look lovely. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on simple cards, Angela. Like my clothes and house, less is more. I too write a message inside which is personal to the recipient. I have saved the piece about a soulmate-mine found me in 1970 and we have been married since 1971 for which I am truly thankful every day. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the book, JLS, you mention, although I never read it. That's lovely quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are lovely! I read JLS in the 70s and loved it! Still have a paperback copy of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quote. I've saved the picture on my phone so I can print it out and send it my hubby on our anniversary in a few days.
    I was look I through our wedding memory box yesterday and found the cars and hankie you kindly sent us.
    X x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!