Sunday 2 July 2017

Reflections On The Past Few Days

It has been the sort of week when so much has happened it is hard to take it all in:
Saturday - the Ferndown Fete on the Field -a really busy day, but a real sense of accomplishment at the end of it
Sunday - preaching in Wimborne in the morning, and then, unexpectedly, at UCF in the evening, whilst Bob was at the hospital
Monday - quieter, I did some knitting and sewing, and Bob rested [mostly!]
Tuesday - at the Eye Clinic, Bob had laser surgery
In the middle of all that the teaching Agency rang to say the school where I've done a few half days recently wanted someone two days a week in the Autumn Term. And they wondered if I'd be interested? If so, I'd have to teach a lesson whilst being observed by Senior Staff when I went in on on Thursday.
Wednesday - ran the Toddler Group** in the morning, and spent the afternoon preparing the lesson. Bob still tired. 
Thursday - Taught all morning, including my Observed Lesson. Spent afternoon measuring children for play costumes. And was told that I've got the job! Hallelujah!
Friday - sewed costumes all day
Saturday - housework, getting ready for the arrival of my best friend Chris and her sister [en route to Norfolk, returning from their holiday in Cornwall]
Bob's so much better, and I have a job to look forward to...so for those things we are grateful. **Toddler Group Singing Time always includes I'm a Dingle Dangle Scarecrow with a Flippy Floppy Hat and that tune has been a bit of an earworm this week. But the other song is more pertinent. My Sunday Morning Sermon was on Psalm 23 [I repeated it in the evening when I had to preach again at short notice] Both times I finished the service with this old favourite [we sung this at my Gran's funeral, she loved it too] It seems particularly pertinent to the last week...
 In heav’nly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid,
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?
 Wherever He may guide me,
No want shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me,
And nothing can I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way He taketh,
And I will walk with Him.
 Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o’er me,
Where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
My path to life is free;
My Saviour has my treasure,
And He will walk with me.


9 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you got the job. Wonderful!
    You seem to be a favourite spot for a stop-off on the way to and from Cornwall.
    And I love that hymn too. Love the tune (Penlan) as well as the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to meet up with friends who are passing this way!

      Delete
  2. Good news, Ang. So pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting the job and getting through what seems to have been a very busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about the two days a week. Hallelujah indeed! The school are very lucky!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, it's lovely to have this to look forward to in the Autumn Term

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so happy for you! That truly is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo happy about the job. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news about the job. Also good that Bob is recovering x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!