Saturday 22 July 2017

Cracking Jokes

Sorry, no time for a proper blog post today. It has been a very busy week and unexpected urgent things crowded in and required time [and money] This morning we are off, bright and early to a gathering of the Almond Clan for some Significant Birthday celebrations.
Please note, technically the almond is not a nut but a drupe, and it is related to the peach. 
In the last 37 years since I changed my surname, I've been given a number of plaques similar to the one below. The first time it was mildly funny. Is it awful of me to confess passing on subsequent ones to the nearest CS?

3 comments:

  1. Well! I've learned something today. Now I know all about drupes and indehiscent fruit. Thankyou! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the celebrations!

    Not an awful confession at all, I know at the charity shop over the next week or so we'll receive donations from teachers of unwanted end of term gifts, it happens every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are only so many 'mildly amusing' plaques that one can take. Just like I really don't like those slightly saccharine wall plaques that say something like "Home is where the heart is," or "Family is x,y or z!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!