Tuesday 28 June 2016

Today We Are Looking Through the Round Window


A couple of weeks ago, I posted the recipe for Rhubarb Windows, and had a number of comments. Pam said she had made it with rhubarb - and then using plum halves [cut side down] I had opened a tin of apricot halves, and had some left in a box in the fridge, so I thought I would try them. I counted them out [15] and decided to do 5 rows of 3 [you can tell I am a mathematician] I placed them very carefully in the cake batter. But I don't know if I knocked the baking tray as it went in the oven, or what, but they shifted out of position rather. The pud was still good though.
Here's a young, slim Brian Cant, Christmas Eve 1970, in front of the three Playschool Windows - for those of you old enough to remember when Children's TV was much simpler!



1 comment:

  1. The apricots look good, I am tempted to try one with strawberries, some of mine are whoppers and quite firm.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!