Sunday 11 January 2015

Text Messages In A Crazy Week

Some words which have helped me in the past few days

for my wonderful neighbours

Jesus asked “Which of these do you think was a neighbour to the man who fell into the hands of thieves?” The man replied, “The one who was kind to him.”

for the helpful police and insurance folk

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin [and floods!] do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

1936-BOYS-BRIGADE-Sterling-Silver-MEDAL-SUREfor the person who now has my Dad’s Boys’ Brigade medal

We lay hold of the hope set before us, which we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast.

And the best news of the week for my niece, who has just had her first baby [I’m a Great-Aunt!!]

She named him Samuel, saying, “Because I asked the Lord for him.” [Samuel means  “God heard”]

3 comments:

  1. You'll be a great great-aunt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on becoming a Great-Auntie and also to the new parents. Great name too.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Great Auntie! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!