Wednesday 12 November 2014

Friendship

P1000229

This is Sarah, who writes Everyday Life On A Shoestring [here] which is a blog I have enjoyed for quite a while now. She emailed to say she was coming this way to attend a training course, and could I recommend some accommodation locally ? So I said “Stay with us” – and she bravely agreed – Sarah is an excellent House Guest and a lovely person. It is amazing how you get to know people through their blogs and then when you actually meet, you discover lots more about them, and the friendships deepen. We have chatted for hours in the evenings, as we’ve sat together knitting [I was going to say  ‘as we sat knitting together’ but that didn’t sound right!] She never batted an eyelid on Saturday evening when I had to prepare the stuff for Sunday’s Poppy Field- but helped by cutting out nearly 500 squares of red paper on the paper trimmer whilst I painted the castle. On Monday evening, she generously treated us to a meal in the City [restaurant review to follow later] and I have had such fun all week in her company. I trust she has enjoyed her stay in this rather chaotic household. I really hope we get to meet up again sometime – but I will follow her blog with even greater interest in future. Thank you for coming to stay with us Sarah – please do come again [once we are settled in Dorset]

9 comments:

  1. It's true how we get to know each other via blog world - tripping over now to check out Sarah's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to meet with blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed, we were delighted when we met you and M x

      Delete
  3. Ah, how lovely! So nice to meet! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog visits are just delightful! It's a very lovely thing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving up my pennies to return to NI sometime...]

      Delete
  5. How nice to meet up with bloggie friends, how very hospitable of you. So nice to hear you had a good time, Vee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, it's good to make new friends in real life. I met a real life blogger the other day as she ended up living round the corner from us. x

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!