Monday 10 March 2014

Pressing On

52 projects

Here’s one long-overdue project finally crossed off – to recover my ironing board. I’ve had this circular tablecloth since Christmas 1979 – but no circular table for years!

I hung onto it because it was a gift from my MIL. I liked the pretty border print. But I couldn’t make it into another cotton skirt- because it still looked like a tablecloth!

IMG_1582

IMG_1583

IMG_1585

So I cut it in half, and recovered the ironing board using just the central floral pattern. I now have a semicircle of pattern fabric with a border print leftover!

Anybody got any suggestions?IMG_1586

11 comments:

  1. That will make doing the ironing much more pleasant!
    I think I would save the rest of the fabric for the exact same purpose- it's bound to wear out eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful pattern, you have a very pretty ironing board now.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make a pinny and use the border fabric for the bottom edge, top 'bib' and apron ties.
    Use the border on a skirt? LOL!
    Toaster cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Hmmmmm. A ruffle to be used later? I saw an idea on Pinterest: use your machine to zig zag with dental floss and then gather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's the prettiest ironing board cover I have ever seen!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Clever and resourceful you! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gently take it apart and resew it into a table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Table mats, peg bag, shopping bag? I'm about to take in and shorten a lovely duvet cover my mum gave me. It is king size and our duvet is double. And I have no sewing machine! That will keep me busy for a few evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a posh looking ironing board now, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!