Tuesday 1 October 2013

Serendipity

I was walking through Leicester yesterday en route to the fabric shop [details will follow later] when I spotted a pile of Hornsea tea plates in a charity shop. They were mostly the Contrast pattern

contrast plates

But two of them were Cornrose- our wedding present china, and out of production for years. How much? I asked the lady.

teaplate

She looked at her list and said “tea plates, 10p each” so I gave her 50p and happily put the pair of plates in my bag. That’s one tenth of the price on eBay for a pair [inc. postage]

It doesn’t take much to put a smile on my face!

ser·en·dip·i·ty [noun] The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

8 comments:

  1. How good that you were just there at the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a classic design..timeless.Well done!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this pattern years ago and then went on to Johnsons Indian Tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mussels but I have never bought them ready prepared . Are they safe or do you have to check them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mussels were in a vacuum sealed pack. You just empty them into a pan and heat through for about 8 minutes. Only one failed to open so I chucked it away!

      Delete
  5. What a lucky find... they were put there to make your day! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!