At around 6am I heard a weather forecast on the radio, about rain and possible storms. Not here – we had a fabulous day. I will post lots more pictures later in the week – but for now just these two…
I cannot begin to tell you what amazing responses we had to our ‘stones’ table. So many people saying ‘this is just the right message for me’ – people taking a stone and then coming back later bring a friend or partner ‘Go on, you take one too’
- The lady who looked up with tears in her eyes and said “You’ve no idea how much I needed to read this today [You are special]
- Two people who are facing cancer in their families, one read Hope, the other One day at a Time
- The teacher who said her new term had thrown up all sorts of challenges Wait and See
- The student who was anxious about his forthcoming exams read Do Not Be Afraid – and said ‘That’s exactly right!’
- ‘This is the message for me’ said one person reading ‘Have faith’ and explained they were going through a difficult divorce.
In fact almost everyone who took a stone remarked on how appropriate it was. It was incredibly moving, and humbling, as they shared their circumstances with us – and we were able to offer encouragement, comfort and prayer.
May the stones they took away continue to give comfort and strength.
Thanks everyone who helped out today – you were all amazing!