Wednesday 7 August 2013

Space Academy Day 3

IMG_0272IMG_0281

The Stage Set – and here’s Bob telling the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Our craft yesterday was dressing astronauts in their spacesuits. The foam figures were from Hobbycraft in Warrington – I got them very cheaply back in May

wednesday

Prayer are slowly going up onto Daniel’s Prayer Wall [one even says ‘Thank You God for Googly Eyes”]

IMG_0271

Today’s craft was the messiest so far – making rockets from pop bottles. I should have pictures of the finished articles tomorrow

IMG_0283IMG_0284

One important feature of the plenary sessions is the Death Star

IMG_0285

IMG_0286

…which is full of prizes. Here’s a factoid for you- Haribo sweets have no artificial colourings- their colours come from various plants – including carrot, spinach and nettle [Daniel and his veg-eating friends would have approved of that!] The Death Star began life as a Christmas gift for Bob.

m&m

I bought it [empty] from Approved Foods [20p I think] and filled it with sweets for him.

I love the way he has repainted it - and the children compete enthusiastically to win a small bag of sweets by repeating the Cosmic Code Memory Verses each day.

The Teenage Task Force has been fantastic again – and this afternoon Sean came round in the afternoon and helped me prepare stuff. I have been busy sorting out costumes for Dress Up Day tomorrow. Watch this space…

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is brilliant. You know, I think I'm going to have a prayer wall space here. Why not? My favourite verse is from Shadrach and co- you know the one about saving but even if not? That's so fab.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!