At our WWDP Committee this week, Muriel led our afternoon prayers. She gave each of us a tealight [with a beautiful “Fresh Linen” scent] along with a slip of paper.
Use your candle as a focus this week
- light it and think about the amount of light it is giving out
- see how long it lasts
- check whether it appears to burn brighter in certain places
- realise it gives out not just light but also warmth and perfume
- think about the amount of light that would be radiated if all our candles were burning together and think whether that is the best use of the candles.
- think about what God might be saying to you about your ‘personal light’ – your witness.
Such a simple idea for a prayer focus, but so very challenging. Thanks, Muriel!