Tuesday 15 January 2013

Cobweb Blogs

NPG x14113, Martita Hunt as Miss Havisham in 'Great Expectations'

I was greatly amused to hear someone on the radio recently referring to a ‘cobweb blog’ – i.e. one which has had no posts for months and is therefore a bit ‘dusty’

I was going to accuse Bob of having a cobweb blog – and then he went and posted something!

[to be fair, he posts regularly on FaceBook, and he is a very busy chap. And one good post every so often is better than daily drivel]

But I have recently been through my long ‘reading list’ and deleted some of those blogs who have not posted anything since last Summer. Maybe there ought to be a Cobweb Blog – devoted to Martha Stewarts ghoulish Halloween table settings, or perhaps pictures of beautiful spiderwebs, bejewelled with frost or dewdrops?

msl cobweb candlesmsl halloween

SONY DSCspiderweb frost

11 comments:

  1. So right! I am going to have a look at my blogroll and have a bit of a spring clean out. There is always the risk that someone will take offence if they read my blog and find their blog no longer there, but I can't help that. Love the idea of "cobweb" blogs - just describes the concept perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it annoying when I find a blog I love reading - which then promptly becomes a "cobweb blog"! I've recently culled my reading list too...but I have kept some long time non posters on there in the hope they'll begin again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the kick in the derriere I needed Angela. Thank you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think I may be one of those from time to time!! LOL! Trying to be better this new year! :)
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I'm always disappointed when a blog I like goes cobwebby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could call them Miss Havisham blogs too!!
    I wanted to delete a couple, but couldnt find the way to do that. Tutorial, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drat...I vacuumed the ceiling cobwebs on Friday,I should have saved them for Halloween.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed Bob's posts in the past and am looking forward to see what else he has to say about work. Go, Bob!

    I have kept a couple of blogs on my blogroll that are not only cobwebby, but I suspect will never be dusted off again. Still, I can't quite bring myself to cut them out. I'm in denial, I fear!

    xofrances

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I did it last week. Not just cobwebs but ones I don't really read. I didn't seem right somehow, seeing them in reader and knowing that I wouldn't open them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just done the same thing - quite cathartic really!x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to delete things from my Blogroll recently- it took ages and they all reappeared anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!