In the early hours of the morning, my cough was not only bothering me but also keeping Bob awake. I decamped to the spare bedroom. If I lay down, the painful cough persisted. I sat in the chair. And turned on the PC. Do not do this, friends, late night surfing is not good for you, especially in the depths of the flu!!
I ended up grumpily wrestling with many unanswered questions at 4am
- if someone writes a book about how Christian woman can simplify their lives, are not the reviewers who say “It is so brilliant I have bought 20 copies to give to my friends” missing the point a little?
- if aforementioned book explains how a month without use of the iPad, iPhone, Kindle, Xbox and Playstation will really benefit my spirituality – do I need this book? I have already managed 50+ years of life without any of them!
- how do these women manage to say “I overpaid £500 again on my mortgage this month!”? [oh hang on, I can answer that one – they are the ones who have a job]
- why are some people buying all sorts of rubbish at ridiculous prices on eBay, when the sort of surplus goods I could sell all seems to be worthless?
- am I following the wrong people on Twitter?
- I realise that our political system means we are – technically – represented in Parliament. But it does appear to me that the blithering idiots of our society appear to be better represented in Whitehall than the intelligent thinking people
- how come so many people have set themselves up as ‘trainers’ ‘consultants’ ‘life-coaches’ or whatever, and people pay to read their material – when it is poorly written and apparently published without and sort of proof-reading?
- am I the only woman in the country who has not watched Pop Idol, X factor, I’m a Celebrity. or Strictly ?
- why are so many people obsessed with hessian? [or ‘burlap’ as they call it over the pond]
It took FrugalMummy’s wonderful anecdote about “midweek broccoli” to bring me back to reality, and convince my heat-oppressed brain that I should switch off the PC and attempt sleep [in a sitting position, with many pillows]
Bob kindly woke me around 9am with a cup of tea!