Friday 24 February 2012

Foxy Fun

lcfcFoxes are very important here in Leicestershire. The county claims to be the birthplace of foxhunting, and the fox is the symbol of both the county cricket club and Leicester City Football Club.

leics mapThe shape of the county is also supposed to resemble the head of a fox. I suppose it does, if you squint a bit!

Liz has sent me this picture of a very cute fox

Crafty-fox-cushion-uguardian

He is from the Guardian website Lifestyle section [here]

Right now, I don’t think I am going to sew one of these, but I thought it was a good opportunity to point out this excellent section of the Guardian website.

There is a regular craft project [knitting, sewing, papercraft, crochet…] usually from someone’s latest book. This one is taken from The Busy Girl's Guide to Sewing by Carrie Maclennan. The articles are well written with clear explanations and pictures.

Frequently the projects have a seasonal relevance, often they are charity related [like the Battersea Mice I made last summer]

DSCF1918

Thanks Liz for sending the link [I may take up the suggestion to make some cubs at Sewing Club sometime]

Very Old Joke about foxes

teacher “What is a vixen?” pupil “Is it the wife of a Vicar, Miss?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!