Tuesday 24 January 2012

Loan, Not Own!

martha-stewarts-crafts-for-all-occasions-with-225-projects-for-new-years-through-christmas-and-every-celebration-in-between

Just a quick review of this one which I borrowed recently from our library. It is full of great projects, helpfully organised into seasons from New Year’s Eve to Christmas. But I would never buy it – it’s not one I would want to keep on my shelf. I think that all the projects in it have been in MS Living magazine, and can be found on her website [like this one]. But it has been great fun to flick through the pages and look at the ideas.

One big plus – this is the British edition, so it does have a really useful, and comprehensive, list of different stockists of craft materials at the back.  I suspect that this is basically the same book as this one, for sale in the USA

martha-stewarts-holiday crafts-for-all-occasions-with-225-projects-for-new-years-through-christmas-and-every-celebration-in-between

I must say that the photography is beautiful and the instructions very clear. A few projects are considerably more complex than others and require much greater skill.

Some of the Fourth Of July Projects look like they could be modified this year for the Queen’s Jubilee.

ligjubileelunch

Here in KM, we’re already thinking about the Big Lunch in June!

I enjoyed this library book – but was happy to return it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!