Saturday 27 August 2011

Don’t Get The Hump!

DSCF2268

DSCF2267

We’ve had really wet, autumnal weather these last couple of days – so something warm and comforting was needed for lunch.  A lovely loaf of home-made bread [thanks Bob] and some Camel Soup.

Actually, it is Algerian chickpea, lentil and coriander [no camels harmed in the making of this potage!] bought in Lidl whilst we were at Cornerstones. It wasn’t too expensive, and served four generous portions [I added a little water which I’d used to rinse the bottle]

I’ve found a recipe on the BBC Food website [here] so I might have a go at making my own sometime. It should not be a great strain! see Matthew 23:24…

You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

4 comments:

  1. Soup in a bottle! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a soup I make, you can use mint instead of coriander/cilantro. YUMMY.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Hope you get some sunshine soon!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was that,'much kneaded' bread? lol!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!