Monday 7 March 2011

That’s Not My Reflection!

Do you know this wonderful series of Touchy-Feely Usborne books?

thats not my angel

thats not my pirate

thats not my pony

thats not my car

There are loads in the series and they are great fun.

I am thinking of producing one called “That’s not my reflection…” Whenever I walk past a mirror I find myself doing a double take – I do not look like ‘me’ anymore!

…On Friday I went to the hairdressers. I have had my hair trimmed just once in the past two years [We Have A Mortgage!] but it really was getting straggly and unmanageable. I decided that a preaching engagement followed by a modelling assignment meant I ought to make a bit of an effort as Mum would have said. Having established the missing £1000 was safely in the bank, and before it all got spent on dull bills, I rang the hairdressers and they said “9.15 tomorrow?” and I said “Yes, please” quickly, before I chickened out again.

Now I am going to be incredibly brave and post before and after pictures. I get very annoyed with magazines who print ‘before’ in grotty dress, sans make-up, in poor light, and then ‘after’ in posh frock, wrinkles painted over [or even air-brushed out] it seems vaguely dishonest.

So here is me immediately before I went to the shop and immediately I came in again. Both pictures taken in same spot in dining room, same outfit, still without make-up. Same spot on chin too!

Before [decidedly anxious]

DSCF2002

After [a little more relaxed]

DSCF2004

Thus far, the reactions have been positive. Thank you Fiona at Kool For Kuts [why do hairdressers go in for silly names like that?]

Bob has been spending too – we now have a new laptop. Should I get him a copy of this book do you think?

thats not my PC

8 comments:

  1. Lovely hair cut, Angela, and it totally suits you. It is surprising how much better we feel with a new hair-do isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super haircut Angela, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great cut, it suits the shape of your face.

    Oddly enough it is on my list of things to do this week, I've not been for about a year and when I did my last two appts were at the college with students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how very brave to do the before piccy and yes the new you does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new look - a great decision!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love these books and especially Pirate! And I love the new hair- how do you do it? Teach, write, make, get to the hairdesser, be prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great - both before and after. Very brave to post the piccies. Enjoy your new reflection!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!