Saturday 25 December 2010

Almonds At Christmas

We opened our stocking and had breakfast [Liz made amazing Danish Pastries] then off to church.

This morning, all five candles were lit **

DSCF1001

Despite the icy paths and cold weather, we had loads of visitors, and enjoyed film clips from Yogi Bear and the Muppets!

Back home to open the rest of the gifts [carefully!]

DSCF1003

Then a splendid lunch [mostly prepared by Steph, with help from Liz and Bob]

DSCF1005

Then Bob and I went back to church, where Jo and Bruce had been catering for those who attended the lunch there

DSCF1006

Everyone was really enjoying themselves, and we all went into the Chapel to watch Her Majesty on the big screen

DSCF1009

Back for coffee and mince pies – but I caught someone helping out by finishing off the bowl of trifle!

DSCF1008

A lady from the village, who’d been to ‘Get In the Picture’ had donated all the table decorations

DSCF1010

Thanks Jo, Bruce [and Sophie and Jessica] and Geoff for giving a lovely day to those who would otherwise be alone

**all those Advent hope/joy/love/peace cards are now assembled on a large display

DSCF1011

Bob and I walked home [carefully] and noticed a large crack in the pavement through which water was leaking at quite a rate. I rang Severn Trent Water and a helpful chap called Robert said he would get it checked out. I sympathised with him that he had to work today, and said my husband was working too!

We played our annual family game of Cranium

cranium

Steph made some chocolate mousse. I do love having the girls home, they produce such delicious food! Then we watched Dr Who [with Katherine Jenkins]

smith jenkins etc

And Bob worked on his final sermon of the year, ready for tomorrow.

No more blogging tonight – hope your day has been good too!

3 comments:

  1. What a full, but fulfilling day you've had. Loved your pics - so graphically filled out your day for me. May I use your candles photo? I'd love to send it to my pastor's wife (perhaps for next years advent)? Loved the setting. Your posts always bless me Angela. Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to use the picture Beejay! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a full day - but sounds like it was filled with love and caring. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!