Tuesday 7 September 2010

Thirsty Work

I am trying hard to drink more, as I think it would be good for my health. I’m not very good at just plain water, and the current wisdom suggests that almost any liquid will help [other than saline solutions and alcohol] So here are some of my favourite beverages [with some quotations I’ve found along the way]

I like a small glass of orange juice at breakfast – and through the morning, freshly made, fairtrade coffee [not instant!]

keep calm mugtoyota overlocker

janome-300e-01

“You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running”

[quote from Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon]

Does this man do a lot of sewing? What’s the point of keeping the machine running if it is not already threaded?

On a hot summer afternoon, I like a long cold [diet] cola

At all points through the day, tea [Sainsbury’s Fairtrade Red Label] and more tea.

teapot

“Thank God for Tea!  What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea. I always fear that creation will expire before tea-time.”

[quote from Rev. Sydney Smith, 18th Century writer and clergyman]

And last thing at night, a relaxing milky drink to send me to sleep…

 

But I cannot drink things if they are scalding hot – everyone else is ready to leave, and I call out “Hang On! I’m still drinking my coffee!”

The family have even suggested that when Gabriel blows his Trumpet, I’ll reply “Not yet -  I haven’t finished my tea”

What’s your beverage of choice?

4 comments:

  1. coffee no milk, but at the moment I'm more into tea no milk.

    Also love juice and lemon & barley water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea! Twinings Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast, and Earl Grey in that order. Occasionally, PG Tips and Brodie's Scottish Breakfast, but I'm out, and hubby can't find it in the airports. OJ for breakfast, a large glass, and water, water, and more water. :-)
    Coffee, sometimes.
    Blessings,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. coffee and coffee (need 2 mugs before I start functioning!) in the morning
    diluting juice - Robinsons fruit & barley tropical flavour
    iced tea - Lipton lemon is rather good
    and when in need of a little something - hot chocolate (with maltesers, squirty cream and marshmallows)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot water with a slice of lemon in the morning. Green tea mid-morning. Tea at lunchtime- green or toxic depending on mood! Toxic tea after dinner with PC, and camomile tea at bedtime. No coffee or alcohol after dinnertime or I just cannot sleep a wink any more. One glass of wine and I feel sleepy. Two and my lips go numb. Coffee only espresso and usually only at lunchtime occasionally or just before my turn to drive when travelling to France!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!