Saturday 17 July 2010

Wet Weekend

st andrews r&a My best friend Chris has come to visit, which is a good excuse to relax. Last night we watched the Golf from St Andrews on TV. I have never sat and watched golf before, and found it utterly fascinating.

mcilroy

I have been to St Andrews twice on holiday, and I love the place.

Have decided that Rory McIlroy is my current favourite.

On the other hand, I feel I cannot root for Ian Poulter because of his choice in golfing trews. they look like ladies’ pjs!

golf ian poulter

Today we went to Ashby De La Zouche, and enjoyed the indoor market [in the old Victorian Market Hall] and the Farmers Market behind Mount Grace School. Lots to see and sample there!

DSCF0001

DSCF0002

DSCF0003

The Hot Four were playing Great Jazz…

DSCF0005

[‘hot’ in what sense exactly?]

Beautiful soft fruits here

DSCF0006

Bob was busy working at home – so I got him some “Smoked Goat” cheese from the Wobbly Bottom Man! He comes all the way from Hertfordshire to sell this [website here]

DSCF0007

Then we went for tea-and-a-toasted-teacake, and I bought some wool [holiday knitting project] in Bangles and Tat [see here]

a-d-l-z bangles and tat

Then on to the Furnace at Moira [finally Chris understood, she thought ‘visiting Moira’ meant calling on a lady of that name, and I had forgotten to explain it was a place!]

It was really raining hard as we drove there…

DSCF0009

…but the rain held off whilst we were walking outside

 DSCF0010

Inside was fascinating, lots to see

DSCF0011

…the Victorian Worker’s cottage was great!

DSCF0012

DSCF0013

A snack lunch in the nearby eatery, then home again [to watch some more golf!!]

What a lovely day, if rather damp in places.

5 comments:

  1. Love you pics,. Bluebell and myself had a great day at Ashby del a zouch recently .
    I also like to watch golf occasionally but don,t understand it--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting day. Especially the smoked goat's cheese from the Wobbly Bottom Man!

    We're a bit damp here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a graduate of St Andrews University, the town is very dear to me. I played one round of golf there, scoring a birdie at the 8th. I'll gloss over how I did on the other holes!!

    PS It was not on the Old Course - the course I was on is no longer there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the river boat! Can we see the yarn or is it a secret?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a golf convert after watching the open when pregnant with Maxi. I really got in to it and love it. Looks like you had a fab day. I always think of crisp when I see the sign for Asby!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!