Wednesday 26 May 2010

Gottle O' Geer?

Sad to hear of the death this week of Ray Alan, the gifted ventriloquist, who entertained so many with his puppets Lord Charles, and Tich & Quackers. Even though my Mum wasn't happy about Lord Charles' catchphrase or fondness for alcohol, she too thought Ray Alan was brilliant and as a child, I often sat with her to watch him on TV.

Ventriloquism comes from the Latin and means "speaking from the belly"!

The above clip demonstrates how incredibly able this man was. I love the little dig at Orville [who wasn't anything like as good, IMHO]

1 comment:

  1. I missed this piece of sad news , thankyou Angela----cottonreel

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!