Sunday 14 February 2010

A Valentine's Day Prayer**

by Ruth Bell Graham [Billy's Wife] - but I say Amen too!

praying hands2 

THE MAN I PRAYED FOR
Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid
(as we’re inclined to do),
I do not need a handsome man
but let him be like You;
I do not need one big and strong
nor yet so very tall,
nor need he be some genius,
or wealthy, Lord, at all;
but let his head be high, dear God,
and let his eye be clear,
his shoulders straight, whate’er his state,
whate’er his earthly sphere;
and let his face have character,
a ruggedness of soul,
and let his whole life show, dear God,
a singleness of goal;
then when he comes
(as he will come)
with quiet eyes aglow,
I’ll understand that he’s the man
I prayed for long ago.

wedding rings 2

**answered!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Prayer, I liked it so much that I have printed it out for the dorm notice board. I wonder how many of the year 8 girls will appreciate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Elizabeths, glad you both like it!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!