Thursday 18 February 2010

To Ang, From Ange

I signed up for the Magazine Swap organised by Floss - the idea being that instead of buying new mags, we should exchange ones we already had [green and thrifty]. I'd said I like Marie Claire Idees - so F paired me up with Ange in France.

My parcel has just arrived...

DSCF1198

I shall take these down to London with me, and read them carefully whist I am staying with Liz. Quel amusement !

a-d-l-z bangles and tat This morning [before the amazing snowstorm started] I visited my good friend Helen in Ashby-de-la-Zouch.

We went to the Standard Soap Factory Shop [here] Monk's Den Crafts [ superb paper shop here] the 'Bangles and Tat Bead and Wool shop'[here] then were nourished at the Tudor Court Tea Rooms [here]   - Every shop seems to have a website these days, it seems.

a-d-l-z tudor tea rooms

It is years since I wandered round this pleasant little town, and I plan to go back again soon - there are lots of interesting little shops - especially for people who like crafting and reading [and bargains]

Thanks for a lovely morning, Helen!

I hope the snow stops before we have to set off for Sheffield

sheffield city hall

bikers2]

 

It's the Hairy Bikers' Roadshow! Steph's Christmas present to Bob was a double ticket to this event.

In view of the snow, and Bob's exceedingly heavy cold, we are not travelling on the bike. I think we are quite justified in going by car.

3 comments:

  1. Super magazines!
    So much better to go by car at the moment, enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend bluebell and myself love the little gifty shops, we have never been to Ashby together ,must line that one up . We are off to Bramble patch sale tomorrow--cottonreel

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!