Wednesday 24 February 2010

Please Check Your Child's Homework!

My friend Elisabeth sent me this picture and accompanying story.

I have tried to check its veracity - and failed, but it made me smile, so I am sharing it with you, whilst the weather is still bad!

***********

b&q momma

This picture was submitted as homework by a small girl. After it was marked and the girl brought it home, she returned to school the next day with the following note:
Dear Ms. Davis,
I want to be very clear on my child's illustration. It is NOT of me on a dance pole on a stage as a stripper. I work at Home Depot and had commented to my daughter how much money we made in the aftermath of the recent snow/sleet. This picture is of me selling a shovel.
Mrs. Harrington

***********

Angela's Research Notes- depending on where on the internet you read this, the teacher's/mother's names vary enormously, and the shop is either B&Q or Home Depot [they don't have B&Q in the States, and those are green dollar bills!] So I seriously suspect this is a made up story, and it is at least 15 months old. [but still amusing]

However if you are a parent, just remember to always check your child's homework is done, and done properly!

Last month, I set a piece of homework where each question had a word in bold print, and the child was asked to underline the synonyms e.g. EMPTY void  vacant seat bucket

One child [not the most hardworking in the group] had left the last question unfinished.

INDUSTRIOUS diligent inactive busy sluggish

When I asked about this, she said "Mum said we don't know what industrious means, Miss"

I'd already noticed that!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to smile , out of the mouth of babes---------cottonreel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that was a snow shovel!!! Cute story - but so easy to see from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angela, I’m laughing warmly – industrious isn’t the most commonly applied adjective in my school at all! Thank you so much for your frankly quite humbling comments at Strawberry Land! It has taken me too long to reply because I’m still reeling!
    My good crafting friend Niki was entirely responsible for the Christmas Boxes and has her own very new blog at www.unaperroblanco.blosgspot.com. Thanks again, it is charming to meet you and I do like your posts

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!