Thursday 25 February 2010

Don't Count your Chickens!

PD*26953173

Aren't these wonderful? Woolly jumpers knitted by people in Somerset to keep ex-battery-hens warm because they do not have enough feathers of their own.

The hens live at the Little Hen Rescue Centre, near Norwich, not too far from Cornerstones...

hen rescue

...which is run by Jo Eglen [yes, that really is her name]

Read about the Centre here and the knitters here

[actually, I think the BBC must be short of news, as they ran very similar stories in March 2009 and April 2008]

When I retire to Norfolk, I should like to keep chickens.

As they say in France, "an oeuf is as good as a feast"

7 comments:

  1. More impressive than the sweaters is your grasp on BBC reporting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the likes of this! What are ex-battery chickens? I must google that to learn more! Bless the folks who knit something to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that what they say??!
    I want a hen in a jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to keep chickens, too! They are SO pretty. I love this post! Happy day, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, cute chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweaters for chickens? That is about the cutest thing ever! Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having a wonderful weekend- hope you all are too. Thanks for the comments- off to have an egg for my supper now!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!