Wednesday 3 February 2010

Coughs And Sneezes Spread Diseases...

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear." [Winnie the Pooh]

pooh2

[or maybe she has such an appalling cold, that her whole head feels like a large piece of cotton wool]

I rang in to both my schools, apologising for being absent today and tomorrow - and they said "Please keep your germs to yourself, get better, see you next week!"

I have spent the day in my pjs, sneezing and sniffing. Really grateful for kind friends who have called to check on my welfare, and the wonderful box which appeared on the doorstep, labelled 'Meals On Wheels' containing a lovely meal for Bob and myself.

But I am at last learning that there comes a point when you have to say "Stop! Rest! Get Better!"

A couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted to do a Special Post tomorrow - so I am feeling pleased that I prepared it in advance. Tomorrow I may not even switch on the PC!

6 comments:

  1. Stop! Rest! Get better!

    Can't put it better than that.

    love
    Floss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon. I am praying for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About time too. Very sensible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in sneeze mode too. Hope you feel better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the get well wishes
    I am REALLY resting today
    Atishoo!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!