Friday 29 January 2010

Wilt Thou Take This Woman?

wedding rings

Conversation at school yesterday

Me; Right, that's all for now. Any questions?

Pupil #1; [whispering to friend] Go on, you ask her

Me; Ask me what?

Pupil #2; [embarrassed] Miss - she says [indicating Pupil #3] that your husband married her Dad!

Me; Yes, that's right. he married her Mum too. And he married me.

Pupil #4; Are they gay or something?

Pupil #3; [very indignantly] NO THEY ARE NOT!!

Pupil #1; I don't understand this. Is it bigamy then?

...so I explained what Bob's line of work was, and how he had indeed married her parents, and many other people to each other - but married me as his wife, for life! [Decided against throwing in the extra fact that my dad married me, as he was a Pastor too]

Much giggling as they left the classroom. Then they went and told their class teacher, who is new in school, and was also confused at first till she got the full explanation.

Life is never dull round here!

4 comments:

  1. Good one! It IS a bit confusing really.

    I remember one little girl in school saying hotly to me: "Mrs H, he said you were PREGNANT! And I told him you were no such thing."

    I said, "Well, you do know I am going to have a baby", and she replied that that was all very well, but I wasn't pregnant. Not sure what it meant to her, but clearly an insult...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! they really got the wrong end of the stick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am a new commer. Cute post.

    yvonne in Maine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! What salacious lives you pastor wives lead!

    frances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!