Sunday 24 May 2009

Psalm 119v105

Here is the vintage street lamp round the corner from the village school where I was teaching on Tuesday. It is so picturesque, I feel it ought to be in Narnia!

DSCF0014

By your words I can see where I'm going;
      they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
   I've committed myself and I'll never turn back
      from living by your righteous order.
   Everything's falling apart on me, God;
      put me together again with your Word

Yesterday was dark and difficult, but being at Church this morning, with all my friends, worshipping together, really helped. Even though it is a Bank Holiday weekend and lots of folk are away, the news about Charlie has got round incredibly quickly- we had sympathetic text messages from friends on holiday in four different parts of the country and emails from friends abroad!

Looking forward for a few days away at 'Cornerstones' now!!

6 comments:

  1. Have a time of relaxation and recuperation, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy!
    By the way tried to email but it got returned - thought I'd let you know - catch up with you when you get back :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those lamp posts! Makes me vintage!

    I miss going to church on a Sunday, though I do go regularly to a Wednesday Communion service. Not the same though!

    That's the trouble with being vintage! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Angela

    I've been trying to comment for a while now but was having trouble with your comment box. I wold write comments and click the comment tab but then the page would refresh. I finally figured it out - I'm using Firefox and I have to permit third party cookies.

    I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about the loss of your beloved little dog. We have a dog too and they become part of the family don't they.

    I hope you enjoy your getaway.

    Blessings
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does look like it should be in Narnia!

    So glad you have received comfort from friends.

    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I can remember those lamp posts! Makes me vintage, I think!

    Wish I could go to church on Sunday, although I go regularly on a Wednesday morning to a Communion service, its not the same as a big friendly fellowship.

    And we don't sing :(

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!