Thursday 18 December 2008

A Fabulous Award

Fabulous_blog_award Susan, over at A Life of Grace, has generously nominated me for a blog award. The Fabulous Award Rules are:
1. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions.
2. You have to pass it on to 5 fabulous blogs.
3. Make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

According to Wikipedia, 'The term "addiction" is used in many contexts to describe an obsession, compulsion, or excessive dependence!' I reckon that it must include things which help make my day complete [apart from the vital activities of life like eating, praying and reading the Word of God] Here then are five of mine - in no particular order, and there are probably others!

wedding 1979 1 - spending time with Bob. It is no secret that I adore this bloke. He is wise, kind, loving, clever, and makes me laugh, and I count it a gift from God, to have been his wife for thirty years. I will happily do almost anything [riding pillion, camping, hospital visiting, PA seminars, even committee meetings] if it means we can be together! [Didn't we look young back then?!]

sudoku 2 - stretching my brain. A daily Killer Sudoku, or Cryptic Crossword, or Radio Quiz. But properly with a pen and paper - none of that Nintendo stuff!!

3 - some creativity. Sewing, knitting, crafting - making something useful and, I hope, beautiful. Especially if it is for somebody else.

4 - settling down to events in Ambridge. I have listened to "The Archers" ever since childhood, when my Mum listened. In the 80's, my own children thought every kid in the country was in bed by 7pm, ambridge so mothers could sit down with a cuppa and switch on the Radio! For my US friends, I should explain this is a community a bit like Garrison Keillor's "Lake Wobegon". My own village sometimes seems a cross between the two - like LW "all the women are strong, the men are good-looking, and the children are all above average!"

5 - surfing around in Blogland. I have made so many new friends, learned new stuff, been challenged to think about my faith, and discovered wonderful craft ideas here. I hope that the regular discipline of producing a blog has improved my writing and photography skills too.

So there you go - 5 alliterative headings [typical preacher's habit!] I am struggling to find just five nominees - so I have tidied up my blogroll, and recommend you check out any of them.There are about sixty blogs I dip into from time to time - these are the current "top of my list" And I have also discovered that men and ministers [and particularly those bloggers who fall into both categories] often seem too busy to pick up blogging awards and pass them on. They are very taken up with extra Yuletide stuff right now, so I will excuse them for this!

Thank you again Susan, for your kind comments.

Only one week till Christmas Day!

3 comments:

  1. I do enjoy a good Sudoku, in fact I got quite addicted. So addicted it rather drove my hubs to distraction I was forever inputting those numbers and getting cross when I'd made a mistake and had to backtrack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definately got an addiction to chocolate & mince pies at the moment.
    I enjoyed reading all your bits and peices .A well deserved award too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments - glad to hear I am not the only one who mutters about errors and thereby disturbs my husband whilst he is reading the other bit of the paper!

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!