Tuesday 7 October 2008

Pain Quotidien

PQ is a wonderful chain of eating places - it started in Belgium about 6 years ago. Checkout their British website. I have been thinking a lot about 'our daily bread' recently. Partly because of the GP putting me on a diet, I admit, but also through a number of reminders of God's amazing provision for us every single day,in the most unexpected ways. So often He does not give us just our daily bread, but also butter and jam on it too. IM002878 Not that I have eaten any butter for ages now!

Yesterday I spent a bot of time on the sewing machine,preparing more Christmas gifts.

IM002876 The intended recipients don't read this blog, [I hope] so I am posting pictures! I began with some sheeting and IKEA baskets.

Then I made liners for the baskets.

IM002877

Then finally I took the puddings and marmalade made last week, and a pack of Fairtrade Tea - and there's some Christmas gifts sorted...IM002880

I shall have to put some tissue in, to stop things sliding about, and then cover with cellophane and tie with a ribbon.

My other sewing yesterday included finishing off Bob's PA screen curtain. Despite the metric/imperial mix-up, it has turned out fine. I finished off the evening sewing up some lavender bags for my good friend Debbie. She is a gifted cross-stitcher and makes some lovely things, including bags filled with her own home-grown lavender. Not having a sewing machine herself, it saves her no end of time if I do the final stage of bag-making on mine. The dining room smells wonderfully of lavender now.

IM002875

Steph gets home tomorrow night, so I must put away all the sewing stuff which is strewn all over her bed, then get myself ready for the Ladies Fellowship this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!