Tuesday 7 October 2008

Mary v. Martha

dusting I misheard Irene, when she led devotions at our meeting last week. I thought she said "I was born to be a MARTYR" but she actually said "MARTHA" We had a speaker from Age Concern, explaining about Home Helps etc, and she was very interesting. Irene read us a poem too, and Margaret kindly supplied me with a copy. I shall share it with you - and then leave the computer and return to housekeeping!

DUST IF YOU MUST

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better

To paint a picture, write a letter

Bake a cake, or plant a seed

Ponder the difference between want and need.

Dust if you must, but there's not much time

With rivers to swim, and mountains to climb

Music to hear and books to read

Friends to cherish and life to lead

Dust if you must, but the world's out there

The sun in your eyes and the wind in your hair

A flurry of snow, a shower of rain

This day will not come round again

Dust if you must, but bear in mind

Old age will come, and it's not very kind,

And when you go, as go you must,

You yourself will make more dust!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful poem for a day like today, when what I wanted to do was knit and take the dog for a walk and read a book. The dust will be there tomorrow I tell myself on days like today, and I'm always right.

    Frances

    ReplyDelete

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!