Thursday 26 June 2008

Consider the lilies

My friend Judith sent me this link - to a clogo-gossypiumompany I confess I had not heard of - but they have some interesting stuff on the website.

littlebabaji I am not so sure about the story of Little Babaji though - it has a very controversial history, originally being called 'Little Black Sambo'.

Tesco were selling two fairtrade cotton T-shirts for a fiver a few weeks ago. I do not understand how they can do that, unless it is as a 'loss-leader'.

It is too easy to get tempted to buy another bright and colourful T-shirt, just because it is so cheap - I do not needsider hunger any more tops. I have plenty of clothes. Love Russia are running a "Coats for Kids" campaign for children in Russia who will be cold this winter.

Its about time I dug out this book again  - I read it in 1978 when it was first published in the UK and was deeply moved by it. I think I need to be challenged again, about my Christian stewardship.

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!