Saturday 31 May 2008

Pressing Onwards!

IM002472

The ironing board was looking rather sorry IM002532 for itself - because the old iron kept overheating, it developed a scorch patch.

The new iron has clear instructions NOT to rest on metal - so for a few weeks, I have had a towel wrapped round the Iron Rest in case I forgot. Today Bob removed the Rest, and I recovered the board with a remnant of pretty Sanderson fabric which was lurking in the loft. I turned the old cover over, to get the padding, and sewed a channel which I threaded with a drawstring tape.

So splendid new looking board - at no cost. All I need to do now is finish the ironing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!