Tuesday 27 May 2008

News from the Home Front

IM002512 Well I am not sure this Wartime Rations experiment is going to continue. Bob's half Belgian - so considers that salad always needs dressing - and olive oil and mayonnaise certainly weren't on the menu back in 1942. I did relent over salad dressing - but NOT over the request for butter on the potatoes!

The dessert may look relatively OK in the picture [elegantly sliced strawberries always help] but the Coffee Cream had a rather springy, gelatinous quality which we both found off-putting. Back to yogurt tomorrow, I think.

But should I be worried about what Bob will eat this year on our summer holiday? After all, as John Donne said "No mayonnaise in Ireland" !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!