Wednesday 14 May 2008

Dr Who?

dr who adiposeThis news story strikes me as utterly crazy - somebody works out a knitting pattern and posts it, for free, on the Internet. And the BBC have threatened her with legal action unless she removes it from her blog.

Actually I think they look suspiciously like the Gonks which everyone was knitting back in the 1960's. I am sure I have a pattern like this in one of my [very ancient] "Patons Bazaar Knits" books - and also there's one quite similar in my Jean Greenhowe knitted toys book. I suppose it is the fact that the woman said her model represented an Adipose that has upset them.

I shall just continue knitting scarves. Much less controversial!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always glad to hear from you - thanks for stopping by!
I am blocking anonymous comments now, due to excessive spam!